This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Pasadena's Huntington Hospital has been ranked as one of the top in the nation by Consumer Reports.
- Closing soon for an 18-month renovation: The Bel Air Hotel and restaurant.
- Actor Shemar Moore was struck by a vehicle over the weekend while riding his bike in Sherman Oaks.
- Katherine Jackson, mother of the late pop icon Michael, has been awarded permanent custody of the singer's three children.
- The Glendale man behind a $14 million ponzi scheme has been sentenced to at least 7 years in federal prison, along with other penalties.
- An OC-based burger chain founded 40 years ago by a former In-n-Out employee is headed to the Middle East.
- Want to make Umami Burger's ketchup at home? Saveur shares the LA eatery's recipe. Uh, oyster sauce? Really?
- Don't forget to enter our contest for a pair of ticket so the current show, "The Pain and the Itch," at the Boston Court in Pasadena!