Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Uh oh. We've got some unwelcome guests coming into California!
- The L.A. Community College District is paying their outgoing Chancellor over $420k in the wake of his unexpected leave. He had just under 2 years to go on his contract.
- Hugh Hefner's Playboy Mansion is about the become a really empty nest; the home has been sold for $18 million. Hef said it was because his sons were headed off to college.
- Today's LA Times has an Op-Ed about LACMA's decision to put an end to their Weekend Film series.
- What lessons can be learned from the brutal killing of teen Lily Burk?
- An early morning mag 3.7 rumbler may have jolted some Inland Empire residents out of their Saturday slumber.
- Don't forget to enter our contest for a pair of ticket so the current show, "The Pain and the Itch," at the Boston Court in Pasadena!