LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Uh oh. We've got some unwelcome guests coming into California!
- The L.A. Community College District is paying their outgoing Chancellor over $420k in the wake of his unexpected leave. He had just under 2 years to go on his contract.
- Hugh Hefner's Playboy Mansion is about the become a really empty nest; the home has been sold for $18 million. Hef said it was because his sons were headed off to college.
- Today's LA Times has an Op-Ed about LACMA's decision to put an end to their Weekend Film series.
- What lessons can be learned from the brutal killing of teen Lily Burk?
- An early morning mag 3.7 rumbler may have jolted some Inland Empire residents out of their Saturday slumber.
- Don't forget to enter our contest for a pair of ticket so the current show, "The Pain and the Itch," at the Boston Court in Pasadena!