Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Speaking of all the local food lately, Your Daily Thread posts a list of seasonal summer fruits that can be found at local farmer's markets.
- Live in the Valley? Here is the final list of candidates running for Council District 2.
- Concerned about increased traffic, the Glendale City Council voted to oppose a proposal to extend the 710 Freeway from its current northern terminus to the 210 Freeway in Pasadena.
- Have a favorite coffeeshop or restaurant that you would like to see more green? GreenLAGirl has some suggestions.
- Artist and DJ Shepard Fairey joined Jason Bentley on KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic this morning. The radio station has the whole show streaming online and a transcript of the session.
- After a wild concert in Hermosa Beach last weekend, the city plans to beef up policing and enforcement at the series this weekend.
- If there is a time to try riding your bike to work or wherever you're going, tomorrow might be it as it is Car Free Friday, a monthly event on the last Friday of each month.
- Congrats to LAist Contributors Tim Hammer and Caleb Bacon for the launch of their new podcast series, The Gentlemen's Club. Two episodes up so far with interviews featuring Daryl Strawberry and Teresa Strasser, who both have been interviewed by LAist in the past (Strawberry, Strasser).
- Don't forget to enter our contest for a pair of ticket so the current show, "The Pain and the Itch," at the Boston Court in Pasadena!