This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- The posh St. Regis Hotel in Dana Point is in foreclosure--its lender seized ownership today.
- Looks like Sony is winning the rights race for the final footage of Michael Jackson's last concert tour rehearsals.
- The Autry Center announced today that they are having to cancel this summer's annual Pow-Wow, scheduled for July 31-Aug. 2 due to the event's cost.
- Apartment Therapy takes a look at how the new film 500 Days of Summer depicts life in Downtown LA.
- Another day, another movie premiere, another reason to avoid the traffic snarls in Hollywood.
- Okay, now we here in LA are cuckoo for cupcakes, but how about this one in Minneapolis, that weighed in at 151 lbs?! (PS It set the Guninnes World Record for Largest Cupcake, obvs).
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.