LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A 30-year-old-woman and her 5-year-old child were found dead this morning in Garvanza in what appears to be a murder-suicide.
- Two people flying in an experimental single-engine jet registered to an Encino owner were killed in an accident today in Santa Clarita.
- The brush fire in Castaic is now reported as fully contained; it burned a total of 55 acres.
- The Governor announced plans to hold an auction in Sacramento next month to sell off excess state-owned vehicles that were being unused or used by state employees in hopes of raising $24.1 million to go towards our state budget deficit.
- An inmate who was found unconscious in his cell at the state prison in Lancaster died at an Antelope Valley hospital today.
- Got Crocs? Despite our climate conducive to wearing the lightweight shoes year-round, Californians and all Americans didn't buy enough, and so their company is facing bankruptcy.