This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- A 30-year-old-woman and her 5-year-old child were found dead this morning in Garvanza in what appears to be a murder-suicide.
- Two people flying in an experimental single-engine jet registered to an Encino owner were killed in an accident today in Santa Clarita.
- The brush fire in Castaic is now reported as fully contained; it burned a total of 55 acres.
- The Governor announced plans to hold an auction in Sacramento next month to sell off excess state-owned vehicles that were being unused or used by state employees in hopes of raising $24.1 million to go towards our state budget deficit.
- An inmate who was found unconscious in his cell at the state prison in Lancaster died at an Antelope Valley hospital today.
- Got Crocs? Despite our climate conducive to wearing the lightweight shoes year-round, Californians and all Americans didn't buy enough, and so their company is facing bankruptcy.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.