LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Two weeks on the job and Carmen Trutanich is making his mark, making heads turn and fighting the fight, whether you like it or not.
- Because the bar was one of the first to take a risk and open in the new downtown, a big Happy 5th Birthday to the Golden Golpher!
- Cheap lunch date? Lucky Strike downtown is offering a recession deal of sorts: $7.95 for a meal and a game of bowling if you've got time.
- At least fifteen 7 Elevens have been robbed throughout LA and Orange Counties and it appears it's the same two suspects.
- Do you use the 3.3 mile loop around the Rose Bowl to walk, jog, bicycle? The city of Pasadena is seeking input for improvements.
- A "vegetable-based" restaurant for non-vegetarians? There you have, Venice.
- An artisanal food market at 3rd and Spring? "Think of it as Downtown's more gourmet answer to the shoulder-rubbing hustle of nearby Grand Central Market," says blogdowntown.
- Now that Board Member Judy Chu has won a seat in Congress, making her the first Chinese American woman in such a position, a spot opens leaving two liberals and two republicans. Which way did Schwarzenegger go? He went with a moderate Democrat.