Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- The annual Echo Park Lotus Festival fared pretty well this weekend--despite the lack of, well, lotuses.
- Preservation of the work of well-known architects is a respected pursuit...unless you're looking to preserve a set of tract homes designed by Paul Williams in Rancho Palos Verdes.
- A Garden Grove woman went from being a part-time social worker to a full-time lotto winner when her scratcher netted her $750k.
- These mailboxes in Canoga Park are the bomb! No, wait, they have bombs in them, and the LAPD are looking for two young suspects behind the crime.
- So is this a sort-of case of poetic justice? An exec from TV's Access Hollywood is recovering from a snake bite that kept her out of work all during the Michael Jackson death coverage bonanza.
- Speaking of the late Gloved One, does his sister LaToya think he was murdered?
- Here's a great Q&A with one of the LA-based finalists for that sweet 6-month gig blogging about wine up in Sonoma.
- It's the Hair-plane! Read the whirlwind recap by Broadway's Hair revival cast member Gavin Creel as he and 49 other jet-setting hippies make a quick trip to L.A. to appear on the Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien tonight.