Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- The 15th Annual Culver City Music Festival's first of nine weekly concerts begin tonight with the 10-piece Afro-Cuban/Salsa band, Ricardo Lemvo and Makina Loca. Starts at 7 p.m.
- Following the Sepulveda Pass Fire, the Getty Center Museum will open tomorrow.
- Uh oh! "L.A. County coroner issues subpoenas for medical records from multiple Michael Jackson doctors"
- LAPD Chief William Bratton is selling his home in Los Feliz. Bought in 2003 for $1.2 million, the asking price is currently $1.875. "Hmm, selling in a down market. Let the speculation begin," says LA Observed.
- A redefinition of the what a live/work unit is was approved today by the City Planning Commission. If approved by City Council, live/work spaces will have a littlle "live" in them.
- Remember when Santa Monica received this award? Now some bicyclists want it taken away because they feel the city is not as bicycle friendly as the award touts.
- Also approved by the Commission: "Today the Planning Commission approved plans to allow more advertising signage--nearly 50,000 square feet of ads, including static digital ads-- on and around the L.A. Convention Center."
- CBS2 says they got a "rare glimpse" inside Neverland Ranch (video)
- LIke transportation? Can you blog? Metro is hiring!