Extra, Extra: The No Michael Jackson News Edition
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- The state has handing out IOUs to people in lieu of their income tax returns since last week. Now those with IOUs can return them to the state when paying their personal or corporate state taxes.
- Music fans rejoice. Vault 350 in Long Beach will reopen and also serve as the headquarters for internet radio station X1FM.
- A proposal for the first baseball diamond in Los Angeles for disabled children is not without controversy.
- That's big: the 9000 Building on Sunset in West Hollywood may get a 6,500 square-foot-tall wall ad.
- Kevin Starr's eighth book, Golden Dreams: California in an Age of Abundance, 1950-1963, on California history will hit shelves this week and has received The Atlantic's approval in a review.
- Yesterday we learned that the city of Palos Verdes Estates was trying to curb the peafowl popluation. Today we learn the city of Seal Beach's look into limiting the rabbit population.
- Henry's Hat, a new bar from the people behind Luna Park on La Brea, is scheduled to open on Thursday in Cahuenga Pass.
- "A state bill that would kill the possibility of an above-ground freeway option to complete the 710 Freeway passed an Assembly committee on Tuesday," reported the Pasadena Star News. "The bill, SB 545, would leave the state to focus on an underground tunnel to close the 4.5 mile gap between the current end of the freeway and the 210 Freeway."