Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- LA Weekly looks into the city's most recent murders: numbers 142, 143 and 144.
- "Morbidly obese man dies after being Tasered by deputies in Lancaster"
- If you saw a bunch of Sailor Moons and other anime clad people (including some Michael Jacksons) downtown this past weekend, they were here for the big annual Anime Expo
- The city of Rancho Palos Verdes wants to reduce the number of colorful and majestic, but apparently exasperating, peafowl running around their tony peninsula city.
- In other bird news, a rare sighting of the "least" bells vireo in the Whittier Narrows has biologists excited.
- Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood visited Los Angeles last week and toured the Gold Line Eastside Extension, scheduled to open sometime before September.
- Starline Tours will be debuting a new Westside tour this Thursday. It will be a "hop on, hop off" experience that will take tourists go the Santa Monica Pier, Hammer Museum, among other landmarks.
- New restaurant in Santa Monica: Melisse's Josiah Citrin opened Cache last Friday night on Santa Monica's Main Street. Eater LA describes the menu as "a small-plate American menu using (no shocker) French technique and market-driven ingredients."
- Speaking of food, Digesty, which lists the headlines from local food blogs has a new national page. (via LA Observed)