This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Whoops: Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge John Thaddeus Doyle was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving late Thursday night in Baldwin Hills.
- Want to lick the backside of Michael Jackson? Al Sharpton thinks we all should be able to!
- Police in Ventura have determined the June stabbing of Wendy Di Rodio wasn't coincidental, but rather that the victim had been targeted.
- Starting Monday, three LA-area County-run beaches will be closed three days a week.
- One of three armed men attempting to rob a Compton barbershop yesterday afternoon was shot and killed by a shop employee.
- Hey, have you heard? There's this truck that sells Korean BBQ-style tacos, and one that sells architecture-themed ice cream sandwiches!
- Happy 4th of July, everyone! Be safe and have fun.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.