LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Whoops: Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge John Thaddeus Doyle was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving late Thursday night in Baldwin Hills.
- Want to lick the backside of Michael Jackson? Al Sharpton thinks we all should be able to!
- Police in Ventura have determined the June stabbing of Wendy Di Rodio wasn't coincidental, but rather that the victim had been targeted.
- Starting Monday, three LA-area County-run beaches will be closed three days a week.
- One of three armed men attempting to rob a Compton barbershop yesterday afternoon was shot and killed by a shop employee.
- Hey, have you heard? There's this truck that sells Korean BBQ-style tacos, and one that sells architecture-themed ice cream sandwiches!
- Happy 4th of July, everyone! Be safe and have fun.