Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- The military shell uncovered today at Cabrillo Marina was determined to be "not explosive" and Port of LA operations were not affected.
- Some photographs of Michael Jackson's last rehearsal at Staples Center for his London tour taken the night before he died have been released by the concert promoter. They may opt to release the video footage gathered to market to fans interested in seeing the King of Pop's last performances.
- Fans of taking it all off on the beach at San Onofre will find that authorities are cracking down on their bare bottoms: No more nudity!
- LAX's Terminal 2 is going to be pretty empty tomorrow, when Northwest ceases operations as part of their merger with Delta.
- Do you like to Twitter-stalk celebrities? If you follow Britney Spears you should know that the Twitpic messages saying the singer had died were the work of a hacker--and probably why your own Twitpics didn't go through when they shut the service down yesterday.
- It's happened in San Francisco, and it's going to happen in other North American cities, but no one in Los Angeles has stepped up to take charge of a Bacon Camp!
- The Paris Blog came to Los Angeles...and wrote our city a little love note.