LAist relies on reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Rev. Jesse Jackson said in a press conference today that the family of Michael Jackson would like to have a second autopsy performed on the body of the late pop icon.
- What was probably a natural gas leak caused a small explosion (and caused damage and a headache) in a Canoga Park apartment last night.
- LA County Sheriff Lee Baca said if his budget gets cut, he'll shut down one of his five jails in response.
- Not a recommended method of piercing: A Long Beach woman had a bullet go through her eyebrow. While she was sleeping. A mile away from the shooting incident.
- See ya later... Pasadena Symphony Assn. and Pasadena Pops announced that this is the last summer season they'll play at Descanso Gardens; it's become too expensive to have them there.
- Actor Robert Culp is still pushing the LA Zoo to shut down their elephant exhibit.
- A ten-year-old Fullerton Girl Scout learned that if you sell enough cookies, you can go to camp.