This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Rev. Jesse Jackson said in a press conference today that the family of Michael Jackson would like to have a second autopsy performed on the body of the late pop icon.
- What was probably a natural gas leak caused a small explosion (and caused damage and a headache) in a Canoga Park apartment last night.
- LA County Sheriff Lee Baca said if his budget gets cut, he'll shut down one of his five jails in response.
- Not a recommended method of piercing: A Long Beach woman had a bullet go through her eyebrow. While she was sleeping. A mile away from the shooting incident.
- See ya later... Pasadena Symphony Assn. and Pasadena Pops announced that this is the last summer season they'll play at Descanso Gardens; it's become too expensive to have them there.
- Actor Robert Culp is still pushing the LA Zoo to shut down their elephant exhibit.
- A ten-year-old Fullerton Girl Scout learned that if you sell enough cookies, you can go to camp.