LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The LAUSD school board approved their budget today with $1.6 billion in possible cuts over the next three years. Begrudgingly say hi to layoffs and larger class sizes!
- The Daily News looks into the man who died in yesterday's early hit and run. His family speaks out.
- The headline says it all: "Phil Spector will be allowed jam sessions with fellow prisoners"
- Nice deal: Akasha in Culver City is offering 50% off all bottles of wine on Wednesdays. Go healthy food!
- Live, work, care about downtown? "Over the next week and a half, the Planning department will be holding a series of four community meetings to collect community input on Downtown's future development," says blogdowntown.
- A 5 1/2 hour happy hour at a sushi restaurant? Bring it! Half off sushi, cheap drinks is now the way at Hara Sushi in Santa Monica.
- Goodbye LA Weekly, hello Mail.com? Nikki Finke's Deadline Hollywood Daily has been sold for $14 million and Sharon Waxman at The Wrap has an interview with Finke herself.
- Speaking of the Weekly, the whole LA Times' JIm Rainey column vs. LA Weekly's Jill Stewart hasn't ended. Now Village Voice publisher Michael Lacey chimes in with "truth about the attacks." Catch up here: Rainey's original column and Jill Stewart's response.