LAist relies on reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Gettin' bigger in the 'bu: Malibu's City Hall is getting a new home.
- The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim have set up the Pitcher of the Year award in memory of Nick Adenhart, the pitcher who was killed early this season by a drunk driver.
- It's a trip down Rock n' Roll memory lane, aka Devonshire Downs, for one San Fernando Valley group.
- The Ventura City Council votes tonight on a possible sales tax hike that would bring more revenue to their city's coffers.
- A little to the left: Orange County's college students are arriving with more progressive political beliefs.
- Things could get tense as the Foundation that runs properties part of the Angelus Temple seeks to do some developing.
- Mama don't take my Kodachrome away, Mama don't take my... Oh. Too late.
- Judy Chu may already be considered the winner for the 32nd Congressional District in the San Gabriel Valley, but her two opponents, a Republican and a Libertarian, are not backing down.
- Attention fans of Third Eye Blind: Today's the very last day to enter our contest to win tix to see the band live!