LAist relies on reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The hottest tickets in town weren't for a concert, a comedian, or a sporting event, but rather Kennedy High's graduation. And that's hot as in forged. Yikes.
- Sharing is caring: How to garden in Los Angeles if you don't have a garden. Or, how to get your garden gardened if you don't have the time yourself.
- If youv'e got upcoming air travel plans, be ready to pay a fee on top of your fee when checking bags onto some airlines at the airport.
- Speaking of air travel, Gov. Schwarzenegger's plane had to make an emergency landing in Van Nuys last night; the flight was originally due to land in Santa Monica.
- Did'ja feel it? There was a small quake, centered near Lake Nacimiento in northern San Luis Obispo County, early this morning.
- Golden Girl Betty White, 87, chatted about her work with the LA Zoo, and some naughtier things in a recent interview as part of her promo work for the film The Proposal.
- Do you know all the lyrics to "Semi-Charmed Life"? Then you might want to indulge your Third Eye Blind fandom by entering our contest to win tix to see the band live.