Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- From NPR: "The largest community of Iranians outside of Iran is in Los Angeles. They've been hungering for news from their homeland so they can share stories of family and friends dealing with the post-election turmoil there. Radio station KIRN has been catering to that need."
- UV rays are expected to be extremely high tomorrow. Wear sunscreen, even if you'll be outside for just a few minutes. The worst part of the day will be around noon.
- Uhhh, yeah. SoHo as South Hollywood? Oh boy. Here we go again.
- Have you readied your summer reading list? LA Weekly samples some fiction.
- LAPD Chief William Bratton has reached pop art status.
- The 10 Freeway as a green corridor? What a nice dream.
- There's still lots of empty housing in downtown, but not for long, experts believe.
- In the mood for some Third Eye Blind? Well we're giving away four tickets to their June 25th show at the Hollywood Palladium. Just head over and comment about your favorite Hollywood hangout for before or after the show!