LAist relies on reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The body of a 22-year-old man who dove off a cliff in Laguna Beach was found today. Witnesses say they saw the man get dragged under the current after making the jump.
- A civil suit filed today against Target Corp. alleges that hundreds of California locations illegally disposed of hazardous materials.
- Practicing holding up your hand (but not just that one finger, mmmkay?) in Hollywood: The Hail-a-Taxi Program has begun.
- A new law that goes into effect today has initiates a 90-day moratorium on home foreclosures in the state.
- An unpleasant kind of girl-on-girl action in Duarte, as a woman carjacks another woman.
- Long Beach Residents vs. Bar Owners.
- The EastsiderLA is keeping its eye on a Chinatown Victorian house awaiting a move to Highland Park.
- Add another Twitter feed to your followers list, foodies and food fanatics: Nom Nom Truck will be bringing Vietnamese eats on wheels to LA come August.