LAist relies on reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The "Big Belly" solar-powered trash receptacles in Pasadena are expected to save the city some serious green in the long run.
- 20 years later, a serious round of Clue: Did the LAPD rookie do it in the living room with the missing gun?
- Two overnight crashes in the Valley caused at least six injuries, making for a rough Friday on the streets.
- A few too many viewings of The Godfather perhaps? A Riverside man now stands trial for decapitating a horse with a chainsaw.
- An OC lender is now on the hook for having scammed people out of $2 million dollars.
- The pickings, however, are more fertile for water fowl in the OC, who are flocking to newly unearthed nourishment in the Santa Ana River.
- Adult industry stars are standing behind their men and women amid the HIV controversy currently infecting the biz.
- That power outage that affected 2400 homes in the Hollywood Hills...caused by rodents gnawing on the wires. Eeeew!