LAist relies on reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The latest on having Pedicabs operate in the city? After a meeting combing over the proposed rules, Transportation Commissioners continued the item until next month after asking for changes on some of the more ridiculous items like dress code and helmets for passengers.
- Schwarzenegger: Give me a budget on time or I'm shutting this state down. Of course, that didn't make politicians happy.
- A group of activists are demanding progress on the Grim Sleeper serial killer case. “Black Lives Count," read a placard at protest.
- Jonathan Gold visits the Nickel Diner, home to their famous maple glazed bacon--yes, bacon--donut. Gold likes it and finds its to be located at
5thHeart Attack and Main in downtown. Who's ready for some Smac and Cheese?
- Gavin McCourt, son of Dodgers owner Frank McCourt got a job in baseball today. Meet one of the new draft picks for the Boston Red Sox.
- A petition to strip Octomom Nadya Suleman of her kids filed by Gloria Allred and her co-counsel, John Deily, will be heard in late July instead of this month, as originally scheduled.
- "LAX officials advise motorist and passenger that portions of the sidewalk on the Lower Arrivals Level in front of the Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT) will be closed due to construction June 12 to September 30, 2009. This will result in the closure of the vehicle lane closest to the sidewalk to facilitate pedestrians as they make their way between the terminal and Terminals Three and Four... Passengers are advised to allow extra time for minor traffic congestion." (via press release)
- A grass fire scorched about one acre early this afternoon in Pacoima near Hanson Dam. It was doused in 26 minutes with no injuries or structures damaged.