This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- An arrest has been made in the Koreatown karaoke bar shooting.
- Long Beach is looking to ban smoking in more public places and to get more "green" buildings.
- A deadly crash on Vineland in North Hollywood last night killed two and injured one more.
- Late night bus riders in the OC will soon have to make alternate plans after the OCTA cuts Night Owl service.
- LA Observed points web surfers to a custom Google search that lets you dig around LA County and City sites simultaneously.
- A middle-aged man from Orange County has become the 4th Californian to die of the H1N1 Virus (aka Swine Flu).
- Candy Spelling, famous for her gift-wrapping room, her giant house, and her famous daughter opted to not attend said daughter's daughter's first birthday party this weekend.