This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- A Los Angeles church opens up a farmers market so their attendees can have access to fresh produce
- Phil Spector is keeping busy behind bars writing some very interesting letters to friends on the outside.
- Sad news out of Pasadena: The 2010 President of the Tournament of Roses died this weekend after a battle with cancer.
- You know that big project in the works for Grand Avenue in DTLA? Yeah, we're still waiting. Sigh.
- Hey--don't Hassle the Hofff! He says he wasn't in the hospital this weekend for an alcohol-related relapse. (It was an "equilibrium imbalance.")
- Why would Adam Carolla sue a local furniture store owner?
- Look what indie film and music darlings tied the knot in a low-key ceremony over the weekend!