LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A wildfire in the Sheep Canyon area of San Bernardino has prompted evacuations and is threatening homes. The blaze broke out around 2:30 p.m. and officials believe it could grow to be 4,000 acres.
- Broken record --> Broken water main. Another one, yes. This time in Glassell Park.
- Universal announced that as part of their planned property makeover they would be investing heavily in projects aimed at improving traffic at what is a very congested part of the SE Valley.
- To the NW of Universal is Burbank, where they're suddenly a lot smarter--well, actually Congressman Brad Sherman has just announced the City is getting a half million dollars for their "smart grid initiative."
- More small quakes jostled the ground beneath the Lone Pine area overnight.
- Don't forget it's FREE MUSEUM ADMISSION WEEKEND at several of the City and County's best museums! Plan your bargain culture outing for tomorrow!
- Calling all Phish fans!!! (Phish heads? Phishermen? Phishers?) Enter our contest to win tickets to their 3-day concert here.