LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The late-night blaze in Elysian Park that took firefighters an hour to put out Saturday is now being investigated as an act of arson.
- TreeHugger explains why California farmers are cutting down trees during this period of drought.
- Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education has named CSUN 5th in nation and 1st in the state for awarding bachelor's degrees to Hispanic students. Go Matadors!
- Streetsblog is compiling questions the media neglected to ask in relation to last Friday's groundbreaking ceremonies for the widening of the 405 to make room for Carpool lanes through the Sepulveda Pass.
- True or False? "Recently released records document Barack Obama received college financial aid in the U.S. 'as a foreign student from Indonesia'" when he attended LA's Occidental College.
- The OC Register looks at how the $125.6 million in federal stimulus funds will be portioned out among school districts in Orange County.
- Wherever he is performing his Naval Reserve duties, we just hope Council President Eric Garcetti can use Twitter.
- Scoop this! LA.com names their picks for the 10 Best Spots for Ice Cream