LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A brush fire moved through 20 acres in Topanga Canyon but did not damage any homes, and was put out just over an hour after it was first reported.
- Today's "gun buyback" event, which saw the City trading gift cards for surrendered firearms, was so popular the City ran out of loot to give out.
- Comedian Mort Sahl, 81, who was reported missing from his Claremont home by his wife was found by detectives this afternoon.
- KFC vows to make up for the Oprah-backed free chicken coupon debacle this week.
- The LA River cleanup today yielded some very interesting finds.
- Get ready, it's coming: A carpool lane on the 405 through the Sepulveda pass!
- Cupcakes, cupcakes, cupcakes, cupcakes, cupcakes in the OC.