LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Fugitive film director Roman Polanski has made it clear to the LA courts he's got no plans to leave France and to appear at a hearing.
- Police are still trying to determine the identity of a deceased homeless man, whose body was discovered on Glendale Boulevard Saturday morning.
- Woodlawn Cemetery is considering allowing non-Santa Monicans (SaMoians? Santa Monicanians?) to be buried there in order to combat financial difficulties.
- Drivers using the 22 in Garden Grove this morning encountered another driver who should have stayed home and hit the snooze button instead of getting behind the wheel.
- New parents in Newport Beach welcomed one heck of a big baby this weekend.
- Arcadia's Westfield Santa Anita mall is preparing to celebrate their new outdoor promenade section, with festivities planned for Thursday.
- Tourists and theme park enthusiasts are scaling back, and so are the theme parks themselves. Here's a roundup of new attractions opened or opening this year in SoCal.
- Going, going, gone: Hollywood Wax Museum auctioned off some of their celeb figures.