Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Fugitive film director Roman Polanski has made it clear to the LA courts he's got no plans to leave France and to appear at a hearing.
- Police are still trying to determine the identity of a deceased homeless man, whose body was discovered on Glendale Boulevard Saturday morning.
- Woodlawn Cemetery is considering allowing non-Santa Monicans (SaMoians? Santa Monicanians?) to be buried there in order to combat financial difficulties.
- Drivers using the 22 in Garden Grove this morning encountered another driver who should have stayed home and hit the snooze button instead of getting behind the wheel.
- New parents in Newport Beach welcomed one heck of a big baby this weekend.
- Arcadia's Westfield Santa Anita mall is preparing to celebrate their new outdoor promenade section, with festivities planned for Thursday.
- Tourists and theme park enthusiasts are scaling back, and so are the theme parks themselves. Here's a roundup of new attractions opened or opening this year in SoCal.
- Going, going, gone: Hollywood Wax Museum auctioned off some of their celeb figures.