LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Your elected state representative might be looking at a 10% pay cut.
- Pedestrian friendly standards have been set for downtown by the city.
- On Friday, it's May Day, which means Marches. For downtown, there are five rolling through. If you're traveling around there, we'd advise taking rail.
- Speaking of May Day, local artist Shepard Fairey has new Immigration Reform posters.
- Continuing on a theme, May Day mixed with Swine Flu worries = a bad combo?
- If you thought you had crazy neighbors, think again. After a series of police incidents, this Santa Monica blog reader's neighbors were gunned down at the doorstep. Can she legally break the lease now?
- An apparent affair got out of hand last night in Northridge when one married couple duct taped and bounded another couple. It's less kinky than you think. The LAPD had to come to the rescue and arrested the suspects.
- Seven Orange County residents have plead guilty to federal charges or supporting foreign terrorists.
- Around 1400 teachers have applied for early retirement. It could save about 3500 teaching positions…
- Oops! Bad choice of words for a UC Santa Barbara sociology professor.
With reporting by Emmanuel Uche