This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Not to steal all the hype from the Swine Flu, but mosquitoes in LA have tested positive for the West Nile virus.
- A 14-year-old has been arrested for the stabbing death of a 16-year-old over the weekend at an Ojai party.
- Remember last year when cars were overflowing at the Port of Long Beach Now Port Hueneme in Ventura County is filled to capacity.
- Pig N'Whistle has been an LA mainstay for the better part of a century now, and there's still hope they might open (or, rather, re-open) in DTLA, says blogdowntown.
- It's back to work for Jay Leno. The comedian resumed his Tonight Show duties today after being hospitalized for dehydration last week.
- SoCal Connected has photographic evidence of Councilman Ed Reyes wading in the LA River.
- Verizon mobile customers who lament not being able to get an iPhone, next year could be your year!
- What every person who has longed to say: "Let’s do it Charles Manson’s way," via Thrillist: Ron Jeremy's Guide to the Valley.