LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The grand jury handed down indictments against two animal rights activists who targeted UCLA researchers and the POM juice company on charges of conspiracy, stalking and other crimes.
- 300 guns were traded in for gift cards in Hawaiian Gardens over the weekend, in a Sheriff-sponsored event aimed at reducing gun violence.
- MIss California says she's against gay marriage, but her sister is for it.
- LACMA's Blog has a Q&A up with John Bowsher, Director of Special Installations at the museum, and he talks about his job, and upcoming installations.
- The President of the UC expressed his gratitude for the $268 million in federal stimulus funds that have just been released to help the system of universities.
- Blogdowntown has their eye on this Sunday's 20th annual Fiesta Broadway.
- It's not open in time for today's 420 "celebration" but Curbed LA steers readers to news from the Atwater Village Newbie, who reports a vacant spot in the area is going to open as a medical marijuana pharmacy.
- They've been chewing on this for a couple of days now over at Chowhound, and have come up with a pretty good list of "old school" "red booth" LA restaurants. Did your favorite get a nod?