This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- The driver of the runaway truck that plowed through a La Cañada-Flintridge intersection and into a bookstore, killing 2, pleaded not guilty today to vehicular manslaughter.
- Protesters in the OC 'mourned' the death of public transit today in a mock funeral procession outside Orange County Transportation Authority headquarters.
- Many reveled as the Dodgers played their season opener in Chavez Ravine. The LA Times profiles the man who's responsible for making--and keeping--those grounds so green.
- What does SoCal burger joint In-N-Out have in common with 9 other successful business? Lord knows...
- "Guess" who'll be running for Governor of California as an Independent in 2010?
- Congrats to the 14 University of California students awarded prestigious Guggenheim fellowships.
- Zoom in on news and events near you without "traditional" media--that's the M.O. of hyperlocal websites that have caught the New York Times' attention.
- So did the soon-to-be-ex Mrs. Gibson list "Because he is a total a-hole" as her grounds for divorce?