LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A 60-foot whale was found dead in the Los Angeles Harbor yesterday.
- The Angels paused before the start of last night's game to honor pitcher Nick Adenhart, who was killed in a tragic car accident this week.
- Some famous faces were among the many volunteers who were helping feed the homeless yesterday in Downtown to honor Good Friday.
- A shooting at a Rosemead motel party early this morning left 2 dead and 3 wounded.
- A pair of savvy OC entrepreneurs are behind a college textbook rental service that's being hailed as the Netflix of school books.
- Public records reveal that state senator Gil Cedillo of Los Angeles "spent more than $125,000 gathered from campaign donors over the last six years on shopping excursions, gourmet meals, entertainment and upscale hotels around the globe,"--expenditures he says were relevant to his job and campaign.
- Heads up if you're headed to or through Alhambra tomorrow via the 10 freeway, as Caltrans will have lanes and ramps shut down for road work.
- LA Unleashed reminds us that our city's animal shelters have their hands full with kittens this time of year that desperately need good homes to go to.