This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- A 60-foot whale was found dead in the Los Angeles Harbor yesterday.
- The Angels paused before the start of last night's game to honor pitcher Nick Adenhart, who was killed in a tragic car accident this week.
- Some famous faces were among the many volunteers who were helping feed the homeless yesterday in Downtown to honor Good Friday.
- A shooting at a Rosemead motel party early this morning left 2 dead and 3 wounded.
- A pair of savvy OC entrepreneurs are behind a college textbook rental service that's being hailed as the Netflix of school books.
- Public records reveal that state senator Gil Cedillo of Los Angeles "spent more than $125,000 gathered from campaign donors over the last six years on shopping excursions, gourmet meals, entertainment and upscale hotels around the globe,"--expenditures he says were relevant to his job and campaign.
- Heads up if you're headed to or through Alhambra tomorrow via the 10 freeway, as Caltrans will have lanes and ramps shut down for road work.
- LA Unleashed reminds us that our city's animal shelters have their hands full with kittens this time of year that desperately need good homes to go to.