LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A Whittier birthday party attended by around 200 teens and young adults ended in tragedy last night after a man robbed two attendees at gunpoint in the yard, killing one and wounding the other.
- Rapper Flesh-N-Bone of Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, nee Stanley Howse, was pulled over then arrested "after deputies said they found a gun, ammunition and drugs in his Canyon Country home on Thursday."
- Some thieves in OC got stung when they tried to sell some stolen computers via Craigslist. Their buyers? Sheriff's deputies.
- Better news for one OC-originating machine: A Newport Beach's company's recycling equipment will soon "star" in some upcoming episodes of The Office.
- Looks like the City of L.A. is about to take a $57 million bath in the form of the empty Children's Museum in the Valley.
- The band Daath is getting an "oh hells no!" from the Mouse. The House of Blues at Downtown Disney says they can't play a planned gig there because of their music's "inappropriate content."
- The Daily News takes a look at how climate change is affecting the Channel Islands.
- Just what you've been waiting for: Word that while Chris Brown is laying low with family ahead of his upcoming LA court date, Rihanna is globe-trotting and keeping her distance from her beau.