This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Photo by Robbie via the LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr
- A Whittier birthday party attended by around 200 teens and young adults ended in tragedy last night after a man robbed two attendees at gunpoint in the yard, killing one and wounding the other.
- Rapper Flesh-N-Bone of Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, nee Stanley Howse, was pulled over then arrested "after deputies said they found a gun, ammunition and drugs in his Canyon Country home on Thursday."
- Some thieves in OC got stung when they tried to sell some stolen computers via Craigslist. Their buyers? Sheriff's deputies.
- Better news for one OC-originating machine: A Newport Beach's company's recycling equipment will soon "star" in some upcoming episodes of The Office.
- Looks like the City of L.A. is about to take a $57 million bath in the form of the empty Children's Museum in the Valley.
- The band Daath is getting an "oh hells no!" from the Mouse. The House of Blues at Downtown Disney says they can't play a planned gig there because of their music's "inappropriate content."
- The Daily News takes a look at how climate change is affecting the Channel Islands.
- Just what you've been waiting for: Word that while Chris Brown is laying low with family ahead of his upcoming LA court date, Rihanna is globe-trotting and keeping her distance from her beau.