LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- An elderly Arleta woman who had been on life support since she became the victim of a home invasion robbery earlier this month died yesterday from her injuries.
- Protesters gathered in Hollywood today to show their opposition to the ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, as part of a national "Day of Action."
- Two bodies were recovered last night from the wreckage of the small plane that went down en route from Corona to Lake Havasu, AZ.
- Scary times: Students in schools in Highland Park are now participating in drills aimed at protecting them from gunfire.
- Stimulate this, sir! Seal Beach's naval base to get $7.7 million in federal stimulus funds.
- Last night, actress Portia De Rossi went on Jimmy Kimmel, and brought with her a Prop 8 PSA video, where she says "sorry" for marrying Ellen DeGeneres last summer.
- If you're headed down to the shores of the OC, keep your eyes out for humpback whales; there was a sighting of one yesterday--a rarity since they don't often head this far south.
- Curious about Japanese style in Los Angeles? LAist's Lifestyle Editor Julie Wolfson spent the week guest blogging over at Design*Sponge. Read about Japanese design at Tortoise, treats at Fulfilled, Blythe dolls, cherry blossoms in and out doors, how Japanese culture inspires local artists, and shopping in Little Tokyo with designer Santino Rice. Arrigato, Julie!