LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The two men charged with the murder of a Burbank woman shot upon opening her front door last week may face the death penalty.
- The cops who used a stun gun to subdue a 12-year-old autistic boy on the campus of his middle school are now under investigation for misconduct.
- Good news (for most of us): There are now more cops in the LAPD than ever before.
- It's the day before the Municipal Election, and Mayor Sam's blog has figured out someone with an IP address in Argentina is taking some unfavorable information off candidate for City Attorney Jack Weiss' Wikipedia page.
- The Clippers are going to pause to honor the Unity Festival at halftime today with a special appearance by Long Beach Mayor Bob Foster.
- Hey man, it's just statistics: 15% of pregnant women in the OC drink, smoke, or do drugs.
- Everyone's on Twitter these days...including porn stars!
- There once was a man from Nantucket*...who liked the LA Chamber Orchestra so much he...entered our ticket contest! [*limericks are poems, too!]