LAist relies on reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- We have Measure R money...but we're having trouble using it. Case in point: funding for light-rail for Los Angeles.
- Cops in Van Nuys are looking for a suspect in local burglaries. The man was caught on tape entering an an apartment complex twice in recent weeks, where he burglarized two units.
- The attacking suspect in an early Sunday morning barfight that spilled out onto the sidewalk died early yesterday morning. "During the struggle one man was stabbed by the suspect, who was subsequently stabbed by the victim, resulting in the suspect’s death," an LAPD release stated. The unidentified 43-year-old male hispanic victim was transported to the hospital for emergency surgery and was listed in critical but stable condition. To detectives, the case is pretty much closed.
- With all the talk about Measure B on the March 3rd ballot, maybe we should know more about the dark side of solar panels.
- Disney finally catches up to the rest of the country with their first African American movie princess, Tiana. Now, if only they could create girls with realistic bodies...
- Two more endorsements from the LA Times for next month's local elections: Wendy Greuel for City Controller and Carmen "Nuch" Trutanich for City Attorney.
- Want to get a little closer to LAist? Check out Editor Zach Behrens speaking as part of an Internet Marketing Workshop this Wednesday.
- Do you feel lucky? Are you a fan of chamber music? Test the odds in our ticket giveaway!
LAist Editor Zach Behrens contributed to this post