LAist relies on reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Federal judges have tentatively ordered California prisons to release tens of thousands of inmates to help reduce overcrowding.
- A.M. violence in Northridge: One man shot, two men stabbed in one brutal attack.
- No people were hurt were hurt when some scaffolding collapsed in Downtown Long Beach today, however 8 cars were crushed.
- Naked Women's Wrestling League: 1, Carmen Electra: 0
- But who will lead the Leader? The Editor of 4 local newspapers has announced she's stepping down.
- Speaking of print media (and its growing obsolescence) newsstands are reporting a drop in magazine sales for the last quarter of 2008.
- Our state has no budget, the lowest state credit ranking, and people and services are getting IOU's instead of checks. So what is our Governor doing today? He's skiing in Idaho! (Not even supporting business by skiing in California? Tsk tsk.)
- Chances are most of the 1,600 retail workers in the OC who lost their jobs in the past year aren't skiing today...