LAist relies on reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- LA Galaxy Owner has rejected the bid offer to take David Beckham to an Italian team, and says he wants to be shown more money.
- The Altadena mom who took her two sons and disappeared, causing an Amber Alert to go out last night, was found in Mexico. Her kids were fine, and she was taken into custody.
- Authorities have figured out that the "Salt and Pepper Bandit" is 49-year-old Brian Robinson--now they just have to catch him.
- There are some seats open on the LAUSD school board to be voted on by we, the people, during the upcoming City elections. The LA Times weighs in with their endorsements (although at least one is reluctant).
- A Times columnist described as a "middle-aged mom" writes about her decision to join Facebook on the social networking site's recent 5th birthday.
- Sometimes, you gotta fight for your right to...line dry your laundry.
- Want to rent the house MTV "reality" darling Lauren Conrad called home on the show?
- Keep your eyes on rapper M.I.A. as she performs tomorrow at the Grammys. She's 9 months pregnant and thinks the show might induce labor.