LAist relies on reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- There were at least two murders--both reported within one hour of each other--in Long Beach over the weekend. First, a 76-year-old grandmother was stabbed to death in her Cambodia Town home. In the second one, a 15-year-old was gunned down in front of his Central Long Beach house.
- Did ESPN help cause LA's financial woes? They say the check is in the mail.
- Border Patrol agents working out of Riverside admit that they've been given arrest quotas and have been threatened with punishment if they don't meet them.
- Listen up! SoCal's recent museum scandals involving looted antiques has prompted other museums to change how things are done. [Audio]
- More pink slip news: National department store chain Macy's announced today they're prepped to say farewell to 4% of their workforce; that's 7,000 jobs.
- Tonight's the night the Pasadena City Council votes on what to do about those frickin' ficus trees.
- Wondering what the heck ever happened to that season of Project Runway filmed in LA? Even host Heidi Klum doesn't know!
- Oooooohhhhh, nifty!