LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- There were at least two murders--both reported within one hour of each other--in Long Beach over the weekend. First, a 76-year-old grandmother was stabbed to death in her Cambodia Town home. In the second one, a 15-year-old was gunned down in front of his Central Long Beach house.
- Did ESPN help cause LA's financial woes? They say the check is in the mail.
- Border Patrol agents working out of Riverside admit that they've been given arrest quotas and have been threatened with punishment if they don't meet them.
- Listen up! SoCal's recent museum scandals involving looted antiques has prompted other museums to change how things are done. [Audio]
- More pink slip news: National department store chain Macy's announced today they're prepped to say farewell to 4% of their workforce; that's 7,000 jobs.
- Tonight's the night the Pasadena City Council votes on what to do about those frickin' ficus trees.
- Wondering what the heck ever happened to that season of Project Runway filmed in LA? Even host Heidi Klum doesn't know!
- Oooooohhhhh, nifty!