LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- a 28-year-old man was stabbed last night in Boyle Heights, and managed to flag down a passerby to help him to the hospital.
- All lanes of the 405 near the Skirball Center were closed for over 2 hours last night following the death of a 29-year-old woman who was trying to walk across the freeway after being involved in an accident.
- The burglary suspect who had barricaded himself in a Winnetka home on Thursday was taken into custody by the LAPD this morning.
- Good news for the LA River; debris pickup will continue in Long Beach despite an expired contract with the company that usually does the dirty work.
- Good news for teachers in the LAUSD; not so good news for those in Monrovia's School District.
- An anonymous Editorial in today's LA Times says that the LA Zoo should build their Pachyderm Forest despite protest.
- To the north of us, the US Airways pilot who safely landed in the Hudson River last week was given a hero's welcome and the key to the city in his hometown of Danville, California.
- Seriously, who still has their Christmas tree in the house nearly a month after the holiday? LA Weekly's Dead Tree Watch is keeping track.