LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- LAPD Cold Case detectives solved a 33-year-old homicide and arrested the suspect, then 17, now 50.
- Grief counselors were on hand at Garden Grove High School today to help students cope with the sudden loss of a football player who died after being injured in a game on Friday.
- Sad numbers: Nearly 1.4 million Californians settle for part-time work because full-time isn't available.
- A Torrance Police officer, who was not on his way to respond to a call, ran a red light and caused a three-car crash this afternoon.
- Little Tokyo UnBlogged has a reminiscence of the Far East Cafe.
- Sit n'Sleep's eternal deal-maker Larry Miller is offering up a fire sale--well, a sale on mattresses for those who were victims of the recent wildfires.
- This doesn't speak well for taste, does it? Scottish reality TV singer sensation Susan Boyle got mobbed when she landed in LA this weekend.