LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A bit of a mystery on board a Carnival cruise that returned to Long Beach from a jaunt to Santa Catalina Island and Ensenada, Mexico, as an elderly couple were missing and are believed to have gone overboard before the boat got home.
- 2 firefighters fell through the floor of a very large 2-story home in Los Feliz while battling a blaze that erupted around 12:30 this morning. Both suffered only minor injuries.
- Hundreds of people gathered outside a now-closed art exhibit in Santa Ana to protest the inclusion of images of Vietnamese Communism.
- Fans of AMC's Mad Men you can exhale; Lionsgate has finally inked a deal with Matthew Weiner so that he will be at the helm for the show's third and fourth seasons.
- Hey, keep your paws off those peanut butter products...because some might have the makings of a delicious outbreak of salmonella.
- Don't be a nuisance like this one guy up in Sacramento, who was arrested yesterday for calling 9-1-1 hundreds of times for no good reason.
- Still bummed about Indie 103.1's demise? If you're thinking of keeping the beats yourself with your turntable, but need to beef up your punk vinyl, the Examiner has a list of their picks for the 5 best places to buy punk records in LA.
- Bittersweet morsel: EaterLA's first editor is moving on to what we hope is another tasty endeavor. Best of luck, Lesley!