Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- A bit of a mystery on board a Carnival cruise that returned to Long Beach from a jaunt to Santa Catalina Island and Ensenada, Mexico, as an elderly couple were missing and are believed to have gone overboard before the boat got home.
- 2 firefighters fell through the floor of a very large 2-story home in Los Feliz while battling a blaze that erupted around 12:30 this morning. Both suffered only minor injuries.
- Hundreds of people gathered outside a now-closed art exhibit in Santa Ana to protest the inclusion of images of Vietnamese Communism.
- Fans of AMC's Mad Men you can exhale; Lionsgate has finally inked a deal with Matthew Weiner so that he will be at the helm for the show's third and fourth seasons.
- Hey, keep your paws off those peanut butter products...because some might have the makings of a delicious outbreak of salmonella.
- Don't be a nuisance like this one guy up in Sacramento, who was arrested yesterday for calling 9-1-1 hundreds of times for no good reason.
- Still bummed about Indie 103.1's demise? If you're thinking of keeping the beats yourself with your turntable, but need to beef up your punk vinyl, the Examiner has a list of their picks for the 5 best places to buy punk records in LA.
- Bittersweet morsel: EaterLA's first editor is moving on to what we hope is another tasty endeavor. Best of luck, Lesley!