Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- The man arrested for bringing over 30 guns to LAX yesterday said that he considers himself "a gun enthusiast" who didn't know he was breaking the law.
- The world's oldest person is LA nursing home resident Gertrude Baines. But the 114-year-old woman is already tired of her 15 minutes of fame.
- A Colorado study linking public smoking bans and decreased heart attacks in the population could help further support current bans of the like in cities like Glendale and Burbank.
- Director Roman Polanski has lost his request to dismiss his over 30-year-old rape case in Los Angeles. Because he has lived in France as a fugitive since the trial's end he did not appear in court here yesterday, and his failure to appear may curtail further hearings scheduled regarding his request.
- OC's Ngoui Viet Daily News, which aims to connect the county's many Vietnamese residents, is celebrating its 30-year anniversary. Kudos to the local paper!
- Lost and Found: An LA socialite is on the hunt for some decades-lost jewels that she'd like to return "to the people of Russia."
- What do you think? Is "That's So L.A." a good PR slogan for our city? Take the poll over at abc7.com.
- Actor Patrick Swayze had to forgo a press tour appearance in Universal City yesterday because he'd checked himself into the hospital due to pneumonia, which is thought to have been brought on by his chemotherapy treatment for pancreatic cancer.