Extra, Extra: Mmmmm... Cheap Meat
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- We have all been cutting corners due to the recession, but UK residents are taking it to a new level - buying up "offal" or "variety meat" because of it's affordability. How about you, what have you done that's a little off-kilter to cut costs?
- A wildfire is burning in Newbury Park creeping towards the 101 Freeway.
- A group of women were granted more than $1 million today by a table grape provider who discriminated and denied them jobs because they were women. Between 1998 and 2002 no women were of the 300 grape pickers hired by the company.
- What do you do when gangs have brought down the value of your neighborhood through their gang activities? Sue currently imprisoned gang members for "compensation for all property damage and property devaluation," and "time in which residents could not use public parks because of gang activity."
- A late-night munchies run went awry last night when a woman in the SFV shot and injured a 25-year-old man at a Carl's Jr. drive-thru around 2:25 am.
- Afternoon daydreamers, did you synchronize swatches and look west at 5:21 PST? If not, you missed the International Space Station flying through the sky! Maybe next time...
- It seems that a power failure is to blame for the F18 crash near San Diego yesterday.
- Green La Girl has a question. Rather, Anna, a reader of hers has a question about the best way to get from LAX to Montrose on public transportation without putting herself in shady situations. Can you help?
- Last Chance: Refined music lovers, we have a contest running right now to give away four pairs of tickets to see the LA Chamber Orchestra's Marimba concert this weekend. Head over here and get in the running!