LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Looks like the LAUSD might be saying Bye Bye, Brewer if they can buy him out of his contract. He has two years left on a four-year agreement.
- 'Tis the season to be...a douchebag criminal? Apparently thieves are targeting cars left unattended while their owners visit graves at two local cemeteries.
- If you've had enough of Mayor Villaraigosa, how does the sound of "Mayor Zuma Dogg" strike you? He's already launched his campaign, reports Mayor Sam's blog.
- Hate Prop 8? You might want to "Call in gay" on Wednesday as part of a national protest.
- All the write-in presidential elections ballots have just been counted in the OC, and they have a winner in that distinct division: Ron Paul.
- Attention local shoppers: If you love leggings and you love Lindsay Lohan (and you've got $132 to shell out for a pair) you
should get your head examinedcan count yourself among the many who are causing the items to fly off the shelves.
- And don't forget, music lovers, we have a contest running right now to give away four pairs of tickets to see the LA Chamber Orchestra's Marimba concert this weekend. Head over here and get in the running!