Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Looks like the LAUSD might be saying Bye Bye, Brewer if they can buy him out of his contract. He has two years left on a four-year agreement.
- 'Tis the season to be...a douchebag criminal? Apparently thieves are targeting cars left unattended while their owners visit graves at two local cemeteries.
- If you've had enough of Mayor Villaraigosa, how does the sound of "Mayor Zuma Dogg" strike you? He's already launched his campaign, reports Mayor Sam's blog.
- Hate Prop 8? You might want to "Call in gay" on Wednesday as part of a national protest.
- All the write-in presidential elections ballots have just been counted in the OC, and they have a winner in that distinct division: Ron Paul.
- Attention local shoppers: If you love leggings and you love Lindsay Lohan (and you've got $132 to shell out for a pair) you
should get your head examinedcan count yourself among the many who are causing the items to fly off the shelves.
- And don't forget, music lovers, we have a contest running right now to give away four pairs of tickets to see the LA Chamber Orchestra's Marimba concert this weekend. Head over here and get in the running!