This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Parking for Lonelyhearts
- An MTA bus crashed into a Jack in the Box this morning around 11 at Rosemead and Colorado in the East Pasadena area. All Northbound lanes of Rosemead were shut down for several hours while the accident was investigated. Only the driver was injured.
- Actor Shia LeBeouf was cited for a DUI late last night following a traffic accident that injured himself and his two female passengers.
- A party in Norwalk turned ugly last night when a gunman opened fire and struck five guests, all of whom sustained varying degrees of injuries.
- Zuma Dogg wants Angelenos to know that Mayor Villaraigosa is "Using Taxpayer Money To Staff His "Illegal School Takeover" Right Under Your Nose Inside City Hall."
- Torrance-area Congresswoman Laura Richardson may soon be getting the home she lost to foreclosure back following a suit against her lending company.
- Did you buy a lotto ticket in Corona? Could it be the one worth $174 thousand that hasn't been claimed yet? If the owner doesn't come forward the monies will be given to the state for use for schools.
- The personal side of the recent IndyMac bank collapse is beginning to emerge, like in this story of a Whittier mother who is losing a portion of her slain soldier son's insurance policy which she'd deposited at IndyMac; it exceeded the amount that was federally insured.
- Do we ever get tired of talking about this?