Extra, Extra: One Way or Another
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Which way will the City be going on Olympic and Pico? It could be one way...
- The widow of a man killed in an officer-involved shooting this March in Hyde Park is now suing the LAPD for the wrongful death of her husband. The victim was thought to be pointing a weapon at several Traffic officers; it was later determined to be the car's cigarette lighter.
- The older of two missing foster girls from San Dimas has been recovered in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The younger girl, 8-year-old Robin Lemus, was found earlier this week abandoned in Oklahoma in a McDonald's parking lot. 12-year-old Estephanie Flores is in protective custody, while her birth mother (and alleged kidnapper) awaits extradition to California.
- There's nothing like a little "lingering" heat, hmm? Looks like it will remain hot here through tomorrow.
- Speaking of hot, it seems the most popular kind of catalytic converter to steal is one found in a Toyota. They'll net a whopping $150, says the LAPD, and are getting swiped mainly on the East side.
- If you like the idea of giving up your car for a bike, but don't want to lug the two wheels around or have to hunt down a rack to store it in, Gizmodo just might have the solution for you.
- Foodie alert! Fans of Thomas Keller need not book a ticket out of town to get a taste of the acclaimed chef and restaurant owner's food; plans for a Bouchon in Beverly Hills for Fall '09 were revealed today.
- If a new door opening is the natural reaction to one closing, J.Lo's Pasadena eatery, Madre, just might be the closed door in question. After 6 years in business things came to a halt July 1 with no more than a sign on the door. Looks like if Jenny wants to be in the resto game she'll have to find a new block.