This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: One Way or Another
- Which way will the City be going on Olympic and Pico? It could be one way...
- The widow of a man killed in an officer-involved shooting this March in Hyde Park is now suing the LAPD for the wrongful death of her husband. The victim was thought to be pointing a weapon at several Traffic officers; it was later determined to be the car's cigarette lighter.
- The older of two missing foster girls from San Dimas has been recovered in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The younger girl, 8-year-old Robin Lemus, was found earlier this week abandoned in Oklahoma in a McDonald's parking lot. 12-year-old Estephanie Flores is in protective custody, while her birth mother (and alleged kidnapper) awaits extradition to California.
- There's nothing like a little "lingering" heat, hmm? Looks like it will remain hot here through tomorrow.
- Speaking of hot, it seems the most popular kind of catalytic converter to steal is one found in a Toyota. They'll net a whopping $150, says the LAPD, and are getting swiped mainly on the East side.
- If you like the idea of giving up your car for a bike, but don't want to lug the two wheels around or have to hunt down a rack to store it in, Gizmodo just might have the solution for you.
- Foodie alert! Fans of Thomas Keller need not book a ticket out of town to get a taste of the acclaimed chef and restaurant owner's food; plans for a Bouchon in Beverly Hills for Fall '09 were revealed today.
- If a new door opening is the natural reaction to one closing, J.Lo's Pasadena eatery, Madre, just might be the closed door in question. After 6 years in business things came to a halt July 1 with no more than a sign on the door. Looks like if Jenny wants to be in the resto game she'll have to find a new block.