Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
Photo of The Mae Shi on tour by Turquoise Boy via Flickr
- Win one for the anti-graffiti movement: tagger "Buket" was arrested today: "The 24-year-old man was detained this morning when he showed up to meet his probation officer. He is expected to be booked on multiple charges of felony vandalism, sheriff's officials said."
- The LAPD is making an effort to curb gang activity at Universal CityWalk, so why can't Universal CityWalk curb its activity in the SUPER LAME AND EXPENSIVE category?
- Speaking of super lame, the owner of six L.A. medical marijuana dispensaries was arrested today on a "host" of federal charges.
- Arrests have been made in the case of the TOTAL idiots who shot at a helicopter in Carson last week. People, this is NOT GTA 4, and you can NOT get achievement points for flying your helicopter into a cop's face or under ten bridges or whatever. Get a clue.
- "Why are you taking your clothes off, sir?" "Because I have a commitment to GOD!!!" "Indecent exposure is still illegal." Lesson learned...hopefully.
- Sharper than a serpent's tooth...and about as strong as a big old axe. It sure sucked for one area woman to have a thankless child; "a 56-year-old woman has died, a day after her 14-year-old daughter allegedly struck her in the head with a hammer or other blunt object."
- EW ew ew ew EW: The Kiss of Jeffs.