Extra, Extra: There Was An Explosion In The Arts District Today
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook
- GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee decided to parody Adele's "Hello" in his latest campaign video. It's… look, it's well, it's something. "Hello from the Caucus night/If Bernie wins, I'm gonna die."
- It turns out your calming Sleepytime Tea has a weird past involving extraterrestrials, eugenics and cults.
- There's a Thai airline that will allow you to buy a seat for your possessed doll.
- Leonardo DiCaprio and Pope Francis hung out the other day to talk about the environment.
- City Council has approved putting up gates to keep drivers off of the L.A. River path in Elysian Valley, which is supposed to only be traversed by cyclists and pedestrians.
- Eater takes a look at Fatburger's history in rap lyrics.
- One Million Moms, a conservative organization of moms who don't like naughtiness in culture, are protesting Olive Garden for airing commercials during Lucifer, a new FOX show about Satan chilling in present-day Los Angeles. We'll be eating our endless breadsticks in Hell, I suppose.
- There an explosion today at a construction site in the Arts District, if you were in the area and wondering what the commotion was all about. No one was hurt.
- Gustavo Dudamel and Youth Orchestra L.A. will be performing during the Super Bowl 50 halftime show, along with Coldplay and Beyoncé.
- People think that this monkey looks like Lord Voldemort.
- A U2 superfan made a plaque at the site of the band's Joshua Tree.
- And now, here is a squirrel diving in the snow.