This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: 'Avengers' Sex Toys, Turns You Can't Make In Cheviot Hills & A Disgraced Lawyer To The Stars
- There's a battle over the turns you can't make in the tony Cheviot Hills
- A "Downtown News" reporter tells the story of how he became a part of the downtown community—and his next adventure
- Climate change could be causing redwoods to speed up their growth
- There are now "Avengers" sex toys
- A lawyer to the stars stepped down after Brooklyn prosecutors went after him
- Poets are trying to make a go on Craigslist
- A "Bachelor" contestant died of an apparent suicide
- The best way to get a message to a stoner? Doritos
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).