This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Beverly Hills School District Wants A Monorail
- Police recently sent a diver into the La Brea Tar Pits to find evidence for a cold case
- Beverly Hills School District sends out the most hilarious news releases
- A black man convicted of robbing a man for $60 complains the justice system is racist
- A writer remembers her first outing at The Palms
- There are some strange things to see in the Antelope Valley, but an alligator and a kangaroo are not the usual suspects
- Good news! Lindsay Lohan will be out of rehab in time to see "The Canyons"
- Jackie Chan is the first Chinese actor to leave his mark at the Chinese Theatre (again)
- Streetsblog wonders: what's the big deal about the city having an awesome party?
- The city's party could probably be improved with this young dancer
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).